Thursday, January 1, 2009

NEW YEAR'S ESOLUTIONS

With the passing of 2008 and the beginning of a new year there are many things to think about. The first and foremost being that of "New Year's Resolutions" of which in the past I have had, most without success. During the last few months of 2008 I learned what my resolution for 2009 should be.

So this year, I am going to be true to myself. True to myself? Yes, I am going to think about me and how what I do or say will affect my future as well as those whom are important to me.

You see this past year I learned that if you're not true to yourself then you let others run over you. I have for most of my life had a low self-esteem, I thought that I was "worthless" and needed to around people whom were "worse off" than me, however during that process I often let myself be run over being taken advantage of and putting myself into positions just so that I could have "friends" and companionship.

I know who I am, first and foremost I am a child of God, secondly I am a child (although I am an adult), I am a mother, a grandmother, a friend, and a soulmate. I am short (undertall), overweight (fat), smart, ambitious, organized, a writer, photographer, reader, scrapbooker, socializer, intervert and extrovert. I am a well rounded person, who has spent most of her life feeling inferior but now realizing that I'm not, I am like everyone else out there.

I need food, love, shelter, clothing, family and an assurance from myself that I am alright.

So as you face the new year don't set unobtainable resolutions. Just be true; to yourself and everything else will fall in line.

Here's to a new and wonderful year! Please visit my blog when you have a chance, I'll be sharing more about being true to myself from time to time along with things that I learn along the way.

God Bless You,

Di

No comments: