Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Car & The Love Hate Relationship!

In November I borrowed money against my settlement (car wreck in 2006)and purchased a "used" car (actually a salvage car). Well immediately I loved it, a nice little gas saver, Plymouth Breeze, the interior was pretty much mint condition, however seeing as it was salvage the driver side rear panel had damage. No biggie, I could live with that.

Just one week into owning the car and the water pump went out and locked up the engine. No warning whatsoever, we were driving down the road and the car just stopped. Having been a salvage car no warranties or guarantees about anything. The man I purchased it from did give me the motor but I had to pay for the labor $500+ dollars and it took 2 months.

So I was back to loving my little car, gas mileage great 400+ miles on a $25 fill-up.

One night I was pulled over for no license plate light. Come to find out it wasn't even wired up and had no place to wire it into. John, my man, an electrician fixed that easily.

There I was back to loving my little car again. Then one day, my windows quit working and how my windows being out should affect my AC or heat is beyond me. This time the problem was big, and John wouldn't touch it. Two days and $300 later my little car was fixed, wiring had to be replace from ignition to fuse box.

So once again I was back to loving my car, nice car for running around in. Comfortable ride, nice interior, and gas saver...for a while anyway, once again the windows are out and so is the AC and heat...ugh. And it has rained for days, so I can't drive my little car much unless it's not raining until once again I get it fixed.

No comments: